List of socio-cognitive functions of space/place for collaboration :
– Coordination ; a way to organize coordination
– Division of labour
– Social Navigation
– record of progress
– Deitic references ????
– Building shared knowledge
– a way to disambiguate context
– a way to improve task performance
– the construction of a mental model of ones partner
– Initiation of interaction ? when we know the location/availability of ones partner ? + effects on spontaneous communication !!
– action planification
– shared space = copresence = less freeriding, more involvement, social facilitation, attention improvement, familiarity